Spring Begins

Woken by four paws and tongue,
I rise into the murky morning.
The still house
opens to gray mist as
I cling
to the end of a taught blue leash.
A mild mid-March
celebrated in bright greens and daffodil yellow
sings a robin’s song
as hope and gratitude
fall wet upon my face.

I remember wondering how Matsuo Bashō and Kobayashi Issa could write so much and so often about cherry blossoms… then, on mornings like this one, I understand. Or, at least I can delude myself into thinking I understand those old masters. ;)

I have been absent from this blog for far too long. A recurring theme, I’m afraid, when it comes to The Rogue Nun – no matter what her medium. At least it is weeks, a month perhaps, rather than years this time. I must be reaching a higher level of focus and maturity. *laughing* I thank you all for your patience and ongoing support.

Allow me to stretch the feast of St. Patrick a bit longer with an old Irish blessing…

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to read you again Lettie. Sometime the inspiration is not there, we can't do much.
Love the last lines or your poem.............welcome back!

Letitia said...

Bless you Marie... :)

A Promise Kept

  Post-it® Poem from April 30th on a 3x3 note. And that's it for this year! :) Thanks for following along...