Waiting for Tea [Tanka]

It is my routine to walk my little white dog every morning possible. With the hurricanes threatening the coast, we decided to brave the fog and threat of rain in this morning's early hour, thinking it might be our only window of opportunity for walkies today. An umbrella is too cumbersome with the flashlight, leash, etc. and it was too warm for a slicker so we set out fully embracing the possibility that we might get soaked.

But we didn't... funny thing too. We took the short route around the elementary school -- very close to home and more than halfway lined with trees. It was a stroll through damp misty fog until we got to the first set of trees. Then a cloud burst. We kept walking but the trees shielded us from the rain until we got to end of the tree line... and it stopped raining. We walked in the damp misty fog again and came to the next set of trees... and another cloud burst. It stopped raining again as we came to the end of that tree line. In the end, we could have really gotten wet but we came home relatively dry and I had to laugh.

Was is luck? Coincidence? God? My own acceptance that I could get wet but didn't really want to so my will created the optimal conditions? It doesn't matter... I think we as humans tend to get too caught up in the causes of things. It just IS and I am grateful for the experience regardless of the reason. I don't think luck or coincidence has the ability to care and I believe God understands my line of thinking.  So... thank you to what and whomever. ;)


Waiting for Tea

Early morning rain
and a rabbit's silhouette.
Watching each other,
neither move in the dampness--
fully immersed and steeping.


Choose to be happy. Experience peace. Know that you are loved. ~Lettie

No comments:

A Promise Kept

  Post-it® Poem from April 30th on a 3x3 note. And that's it for this year! :) Thanks for following along...