Unimaginative Static

My mind mashed by countless keystrokes
and convoluted requests to shift
their work to
my desk,
I struggle with being
uninspired
by a prompt I prayed would save my brain
as a software conversion snaps my synapses,
crushing my creativity.

The prompt for April 11, 2013 was submitted by Mindy Nettifee from the Portland, Oregon. It fizzled for me so, I wrote off-prompt but if you are interested: "HI, THIS IS AWKWARD -- Have a conversation with something or someone or some idea that can’t speak back to you. Give it power over you. Small or profound, this power it has over you is f***ing with you. It’s preventing you from doing something necessary. By the end of poem, find a way to ask for the power back."


No comments:

A Promise Kept

  Post-it® Poem from April 30th on a 3x3 note. And that's it for this year! :) Thanks for following along...