Five Minute Friday: Relevant

Chasing after the demands
desires
dreams of others
having that sense of responsibility
duty
obligation to please
I see myself with each moment growing more pale
more transparent
more invisible
and in the dark if I allow
the silence to quiet my thoughts
I can feel an arm around me
permitting me to feel
the fatigue
the pain
the loss of myself
and with the night’s tears dried
I sit typing before this mirror for my mind
to find myself solid again
my desires
my dreams again relevant.


Thanks again to The Gypsy Mama and all the others who join in the Five Minute Friday for your inspiration.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this: Beautiful poetry from an honest heart. Thank you for sharing.

Julie

Anonymous said...

It comes straight from the heart Lettie, really beautiful. I really love the way you express yourself through your words. Thanks.

A Promise Kept

  Post-it® Poem from April 30th on a 3x3 note. And that's it for this year! :) Thanks for following along...